Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

I changed the water thermostat and it works fine, however

Customer Question

I changed the water thermostat and it works fine, however how the oil gauge doesn't work.
Help
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is***** have over 20 years experience repairing vehicles. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating please let me know.

Did you remove any ground cables?

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

The ground wire for oil pressure is right by the thermostat

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Right near the thermostat. Probably right in front of it. may have been attached to the Housing and may be attached to intake. It is a black wire with a black stripe.

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

It has been a couple of days since I have heard from you. Do you still need assistance? I have also noticed that I have not received a rating from you. If for some reason you question did not get answered please reply. I am only compensated for my time when you leave a positive rating. Your understanding is appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It works
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Please leave positive rating