Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I bought some used seats, maybe 2003 chevy leather to put in

Customer Question

I bought some used seats, maybe 2003 chevy leather to put in my 1993 chevy truck.Trying to hook up power to the seats, showing 12 volts going to the motors ,nothing moves .Im just hooking up to the orange and black wires . I disconnect the wire right at the motor and check with the ohm meter and get voltage.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know the switch works because it shows the voltage change .the 1993 chevy seats had the 2 wires come out of the floor to the seat, 2 orange wires, with 1 wire after the plug splitting off separately going to ground, like a third wire. For the new seat, I temporarily ran 1 wire to orange ,1 wire to black
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question
Honestly, it will be near impossible to help without knowing the exact year and model the seats came out of. if you can get that, then I can pull the correct schematics to see how you need to wire it