GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 2015 Chevy Trax LS. It starts ok but when you press

Customer Question

I have a 2015 Chevy Trax LS. It starts ok but when you press the gas nothing happens. The maintenence lights are on the panel and one time it showed a code 84.I just want to see if it may be something simple because I am out of town and cant get to a dealer until Monday
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I am Cam. Can I get your name please?

Did you contact On Star to get a different code?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ben
We tried to contact On Star and they just want to pick it up and take it to a dealer

Ok Ben, I ran the code you listed and I see nothing, I then checked for bulletins related to throttle issues and again, nothing. So on the surface, it does not appear to be a common issue. That being said, lets see if there are any loose connectors on the engine. See if anything is unplugged. If no, check fuses. IF none then I can comfortably say its not likely an easy fix and a dealer will be required.

Any luck finding the issue? Anything loose?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
I could not find anything loose

Shoot, Then its not likely something simple. Try calling on star again and tell them you are consulting with a GM tech and he is asking for codes from the system to try and get you going without towing.