GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 03 trailblazer with codes u1301, u1026, u1152. The

Customer Question

I have a 03 trailblazer with codes u1301, u1026, u1152. The guages,radio,ac,doorlocks/windows stop working intermittently and happens more when hot
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.

hi there, I am Cam. Can I get your first name? Can you also tell me what grounds you checked, specific by location if you can .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Travis. I've checked the following grounds. In the engine compartment, driver side by battery, by fuse box, firewall behind fuse box, hood above fuse box. Passenger side engine compartment above coolant resoivore. On the driver side frame under the driver door by ecbm and back above the rear wheel. Inside the cab I checked the one under the stereo and hvac controls, had several small grounds to one bolt.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On these grounds I polished up the contacts and bolts with a 3m scotch bright disc. Used the same bolts in engine compartment and replaced bolts on frame

I think we are going to find a bad or weak connection at the rear fuse block. Looking at the codes, I see only one shared point of contact for these codes, and thats connections in the rear fuse block. No grounds are shared, so power at that fuse block only. Check over the connections into the fuse block, even put some dielectric grease on them and see what that does.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay I've been fiddling with the rear fuse block checking connections and fuses. This would be about the seventh time. However I started the car and was pulling fuses as the symptoms where going haywire. I found that when I pull the 10a hvac 3 fuse (36) the symptoms stop and everything's seems to function expect for the ac of couse. Going to leave the fuse out and make sure the symptoms don't return during a test drive.

Ok, sounds good. Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
K no more bells and whistles everything seems to be working except the a/c
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where do we head from here
I wonder if your heater control head is failing then and causing the data line to shut down. Check the connections on that unit and see if any are bad. If not then consider replacing it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is this located
It's the actual control unit in the dash with the dials and such.