Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic
2617050

I just changed out the control module that controls the fan

Customer Question

I just changed out the control module that controls the fan speed, temperature and blowing direction - defrost, vent, floor - for my 2002 Chevy Malibu with a new control unit. (When the a/c was selected, it would kick on and off due to the fan speed switch having a very iffy connection. If I moved the fan speed ever so slightly to the left or right within a selected speed, the a/c would engage. Otherwise, the a/c would kick off, and the fan still blows.) Now the air flow comes mostly out the floor vents regardless of the air flow direction selected. So I put the old unit back in and it now also gets the same results. What I missing?
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never mind. I figured out the problem. The condition I described occurs when testing the car with the key in the On position. When I started the car, the air direction flowed according to the air direction I selected (defrost, vent, vend / floor, floor).
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 1 year ago.

Lol..i was just going to tell you to start it up bud.

LJ