Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I'm in Ecuador with a 2009 Aveo activa. The gearbox(?) makes

Customer Question

Hi, I'm in Ecuador with a 2009 Aveo activa. The gearbox(?) makes a humming/singing noise when at 2000-2300 rpm or at 80 km/hr. Noise disappears in neutral and even just releasing gas pedal. Above 90 km/hr or 2500 rpm noise disappears. I have had the gearbox and transmission completely apart twice and replaced all bearings as well as planetary and satelite gears. Still has the same sound. mechanic still insists the sound is in the gearbox - he listened while it was on the lift and I "drove" it through all gears. Any suggestions?
Jim B
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.
First, please provide the 17 digit vin number so I do a check of any service bulletins on this type of noise.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
8LATD586090016952
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Is this an US chevy exported to Ecuador, or a South American built vehicle as I am not able to pull up any information off that VIN number
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Probably built here in Ecuador
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry but I will need to opt out as I dont have anything on it