Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2004 Chevy Venture Turn Signal Issue. Left front Turn signal

Customer Question

2004 Chevy Venture Turn Signal Issue. Left front Turn signal will not work. Rear left is working fine other then rapid flash, as well as side marker / turn on front is working fine other then rapid flash. I have replaced bulb with several bulbs, I have replaced the socket, and I have tested the socket with a Fluke Meter. Socket shows 12v on running / parking lights as it should, and shows rapid flash voltage on the turn signal contact, but bulb will not work, and rapid flash will not stop?
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Have you checked the ground to this lamp socket?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have, I have ground in the socket, and the ground is good as the running / parking light uses the same ground and works perfect.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I test with my Fluke Meter, I can see the voltage in the socket, on the turn signal contact flicker as it does with rapid flash. That is testing in the socket, ground lead from the meter to ground contact in the socket, and red or voltage lead to the turn signal contact in the socket as well.

Below is the electrical diagram if needed.

Since the LF turn signal is not flashing, but the LR is flashing fast, and the LF is getting power and ground, but the lamp is not flashing fast, this means the bulb is bad or the bulb is not touching the pins in the connector.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris