Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  building and driving chevy's since i was in the womb!!!! camaro and corvette enthusiest, access to factory diagrams and tsb's
27644750

One side of my air condition blows cold the other side blows

Customer Question

One side of my air condition blows cold the other side blows hot the passenger is cold and the driver is hot it was working fine and now it going hot what's wrong with it
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. There are motors inside the dash that control the temperature output and also the air flow position from feet to face to windshield. Most likely the motor that controls the drivers side hot/cold (called a blend door motor) has failed. Sometimes you can hear popping noises inside the dash when you select the different temperatures. Are you going to fix yourself ? Most times some of the dash has to come apart to fix. Not sure how you want to proceed. Just let me know and I will assist with anything you need. Lou. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! ūüėČ Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Here is the picture of the motor labeled 2. It's Under the passenger side of the dash mounted to the bottom of the ac unit. Hope this information helps.