Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

2004 Silverado with C0226 C0223 C0221 codes. Some suggest

Customer Question

2004 Silverado with C0226 C0223 C0221 codes for ABS. Some suggest whole hub replacement. Is there something to try before going that route?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is***** have over 20 years experience repairing vehicles. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating please let me know.

The whole hub replacement is the best route. You can buy the sensors separate but likely will not correct your problem and if it does will be short term.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
C0226 and c0223 are opposite sides. is it typical to have both at once and both hubs is something I would want to be sure of.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are there other things I should look for/listen to before going for two whole hubs?
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Do you have access to a scanner with ABS Data? Place the data list in KPH (because it is more sensitive) when coming to a gentle stop watch the front wheel speeds and see which one stops reading first. Likely the right side but not always. The one that stops reading first is your suspect. One bad hub can cause both codes and it is not uncommon to have to replace both sides to correct. When you replace one side and drive the other side will stop reading first causing same problem.