Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

1998 Chevy Blazer. Passenger Power window does not work from

Customer Question

1998 Chevy Blazer. Passenger Power window does not work from the driver side or passenger side. Rear windows work from the rear doors as well as from the driver side.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

all the other windows work fine it is just the passenger side window will not work at all ?

do you have a mutli meter on hand ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

with the passenger switch connected turn it over and back probe the terminals in the connector and with the key ON does the dark green show 12 volts ?

does the solid black show a good ground ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I doesn't.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry. Yes to good ground. No to 12 volts.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

the dark green does NOT show 12 volts with the truck on or the ignition key ON ?

if you are sure the problem is that dark green wire gets its power from the window circuit breaker the SAME place the drivers window gets its power from since the drivers side works fine the issue with these is usually that dark green wire broken in the door jam pass through rubber area or very close where that wire passes through into the trucks dash area

finding and fixing that dark green wire so it has 12 volts with the truck on should fix this problem

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry if I didn't explain it correctly. The passenger switch does not work form neither the driver side nor the passenger side. Both rear windows work from their switch as well as from the driver switch. When I use the driver side passenger switch and the passenger switch with the vehicle on, I am drawing from the battery. I as well hear the noise when the radio is on and trying to use the switch. I was basically trying anything to see if it would move. Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

but the dark green wire is supposed to have 12 volts at it with the truck ON

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Re-check. Yes I do have 12 volts as well as good ground
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

ok back probe the BIG brown wire with one meter lead and then the big dark blue with the other meter lead set to DC volts when you push up on the passenger switch will it read 12 volts and when you push down also 12 volts

one 12 should be + and other 12 should be -

the window motor works off reverse polarity to go up and then changes polarity to do down