Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

Oh man I put a new tranny in my 06 impala Ss and it slips

Customer Question

Oh man I put a new tranny in my 06 impala Ss and it slips when you take off from a stop light . Any ideas?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry your having this problem

is the check engine light on ?

are there any codes being set at all ?

this was a brand new GM transmission you installed and it skips in 1st gear ? and you are sure its taking off in 1st gear and 2nd gear and up everything is fine ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No lights. No codes. The shifter is in drive although it doesn't make a difference if you put it in manual 1st. It is a rebuilt transmission from Moveras . The shifter is adjusted
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

so it is in fact in 1st and it will only slip in first as in you take off and it revs up in 1st gear and will not pick up much speed at all ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is from a dead stop. Whether the car is in drive or 1 st gear on the selector indicator. You push the gas and the car barely goes anywhere then it slams into gear.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

ok with NO codes set and the fluid full and it is in fact in 1st gear there is something wrong inside that transmission of the filter assembly or the 2-1 band servo or the forward band or valve body

if this was brand new have them either fix it or send you a new one

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will see what they want to do
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

sounds good

you can always get me back through this post anytime for free with any follow up with this question anytime even after you rate us here at Justanswer !