Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

2007 Tahoe vin# 1GNFC13J07R238097 Original head unit

Customer Question

2007 Tahoe vin# *****
Original head unit 15923583 replaced with 15882766 theft lock is on took it to dealer to reprogram they weren't able to unlock it is this model compatible with my truck? Unplugged negative for 20 min plugged in get radio for a couple of seconds then get theft lock.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is***** have over 20 years experience repairing vehicles. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating please let me know.

Just need some clarification here. You have replaced the radio? and the dealer couldnt program it or wouldnt?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the radio and tired dealer to reprogram it
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

I see that one is a dual play radio and the other is a NAV radio. So I assume you want the NAV. I have attempted to do a couple of these. Most times the TBM must also be programmed for the radio. The dealer may simply not understand or not be willing to do it. I would suggest an aftermarket shop that does programming. Many AcDelco or Bosch shops do programming. I would say the chances of getting it working are pretty good.

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. A rating is required from you rating me. I am not an employee of this website. I do not have control over the fees, or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative, or not at all you still pay. I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you know what after market shops work on these stock stero in Sacramento CA?
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

I do not. Just look for a high quality repair shop. Usually the Bosch Service centers do programming in my area. Also a lot of the AcDelco service centers do a lot if programming. You need someone with experience programming used parts and the dealers are not usually willing to program used parts and almost always say they cant get it to work. Used parts take extra time and the failure rate is higher. Meaning their liability is higher. aftermarket shops understand the used parts and have likely done several of what you are trying to get done.

I did a quick google search and there website doesnt say they do programming, but based on what it says I would assume either they do or know someone close by that does. Here is there info. I would call first and explain what you are attemtinhg to do.

University Automotive *****Sacramento, CA 95825
Phone:(###) ###-####