Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

Ignition lock in my 1999 Chevrolet pickup is stuck in the

Customer Question

Ignition lock in my 1999 Chevrolet pickup is stuck in the lock position I cannot turn it to unlock the steering wheel I have tried tapping on it to turn the key I tried turning the steering wheel hard to the left and she's going with K I use the air chisel on a low air vibrated loose this did not work either
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is***** have over 20 years experience repairing vehicles. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating please let me know.

Sounds like the ignition lock cylinder will require replacement. Do you have any tools or experience with steering column repair?