Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

Have a 5.3 2007 flashing ck engine and service traction

Customer Question

have a 5.3 2007 flashing ck engine and service traction flashes as well p0300 i have done plugs wires metered the coils mass flow i replaced any idea?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is***** have over 20 years experience repairing vehicles. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating please let me know.

A flashing light means catalyst damaging requiring immediate attention. Did you get the code with a code reader or a professional scanner? Was that the only code? How did you meter coils? What were the results Exactly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3.5 ish ea one
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Code reader
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Does it seem t run alright or does it have a severe miss?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Severe miss done all coul test u plug all 8 also smells but not cat smell I'm a car dealer been for 25 years. Did mass air flow I have a 5.3 that is perfect and have swapped parts to no avail
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a spark tester? Injector noid light? Fuel pressure gauge?

What parts have you swapped?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Swapped fuel throttle body did the we did the noid light plugs and wits are all new during this and did an injector thot we had it Manifold absolute bio metric circuit is kinda air leaky if in plug it it smooths out but then like crap and blows codes
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Do I understand that the intake plenum is leaky? These are very common and can definitely cause your problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is a clip on to the top of the thottle body and its sloppy but when i unplug it i get a code diff code not the p0300 so it lead sme to beleve not the issue the 5.3 i got using parts has diff mass air flow and that part is not the same but it is the same wire just diff housing sits on like the mass flow was i bough a new mass flow othe rthan that they are the same i swapped some coils off the other one also not the issue coils and injectors are 100
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its like its lose fitting can i tighten it? it is a clip onfor the wire but the base is lose the one on the other 5.3 is tight thi sone is lose with play not a tight seat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this will make service track control flash and ck engine? but not all the time sometimes the 2 lights stay solid not flashing...
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Have you tried spraying carb clean on the plenum looking for vacuum leaks? If its not a vacuum leak You are going to need a scanner that has the ability to disable injectors for an accurate diagnosis. I suspect you have a plugged fuel rail or a bad injector. I would also like to know if you have a manufacturer specific codes starting with P1xxx

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only p300 it is def not injectors we have unplugged and plugged with all making major effect I am confident injectors and coils r 100. Plugged fuel rail how can I release of that
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

When it is running can you unplug regulator and see if any fuel sprays out? It shouldnt and this sounds like it could be your problem

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we are going to try that we are going to eat been on this since 8 am we are going to try the fule option when we get back we cleaned the plenum and put it back in and yes we did the carb cleaner trick to no avail...can we email back when we get back thx
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Ok. I am about done for tonight. I will check on you tomorrow