BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

He i have tahoe 2008 police car i just change the engine

Customer Question

he i have tahoe 2008 police car i just change the engine mounting now i got problem
the car wont start but if i make the key full back and try to start it start no gauges work and if i try to close it wont close i try to test by diagnostic tool cant enter it showing like loss communication with every thing also the solicitor on dash no mark
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. The most common causes of this on your vehicle are either a failing ignition switch or a bad connection. I would start be checking the connections at the starter. If those are fine then I would either test the voltage drop of the battery cables or replace both of them. GM trucks and SUV's of this year had a ton of battery cable issues that are not visibly evident. I hope this helps. Let me know if you need further assistance.