Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  building and driving chevy's since i was in the womb!!!! camaro and corvette enthusiest, access to factory diagrams and tsb's
27644750

I'm having a problem with my 2005 Chevy Silverado 4.8 votec.

Customer Question

Hi I'm having a problem with my 2005 Chevy Silverado 4.8 votec. It started overheating and I think iteither needs a water pump or has air pockets I have tried to get them out without success. Is there an air bleeder on this truck?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing more. Did the overheating start before or after the thermostat replacement ? And did you use dexcool 50/50? Also what symptoms do you have that you say it's overheating ? Boiling over ? Temperature in the red? There is no fancy bleeding procedure but a few tricks.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Take the small hose off the coolant air bleed pipes that are at the top front of the heads that go to the throttle body. Fill coolant until coolant comes out of the hoses and then reconnect hoses. Run engine up to temp by keeping the engine rpm's between 2000-2500and once up to temp let it idle for 3-4 minutes. Then rev engine up to 4000 rpms for 30 seconds and then idle for 30 seconds. Then repeat up to four times. Then shut off. Let cool down and top up coolant.