Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic
2617050

I have replaced the keyed ignition & the ignition switch on

Customer Question

I have replaced the keyed ignition & the ignition switch on my 2002 camaro 3.8L with automatic transmission. I still have to pull the ignition switch activator rod upward with a pair of pliers to engage the ignition where it will work. Each time I kill the ignition, I have to pull the rod back up to re-engage the ignition switch. The cable coming into the ignition switch does not seem to want to push the rod up like it is suppose to. What module do I need to replace to get this working right. When I turn the key on it just turns loosely & nothing engages.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay but this can be caused from a few different things so its hard to diagnose online. All we can do is send you a blowup of the column showing all the parts and how they work together so you can figure it out.

Let me know if that will work.

LJ