Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a2006 chevy2500 6.0 4 wheeldrive getting a noise from

Customer Question

hi i have a2006 chevy2500 6.0 4 wheeldrive getting a noise from front driver side most noticible at 70 mph on a long curve to left sounds like a light thumping it is pretty consistant and just started yesterday i checked the axle boots no teara or leaks and tire pressure good mileage is 118 k concerned mark
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Based on where it is and how it occurs. Can you check the wheel bearing and the axle shaft joints on this side for concerns. You may need to run it in 4wd in the air to listen from under the vehicle to find the source of the noise from the drivers wheel area.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris