Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

When my temperature gauge does not move from the cold

Customer Question

When my temperature gauge does not move from the cold position my air conditioning blows warm air, however once the temperature gauge moves and sometimes it can take 2 days the air then works fine. Service replaced the thermostat but said there is no correlation between the thermostat and the temp. gauge. Still having inermittent problem and service will charge me again to have the car looked at even though it's the exact same problem.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Can you do some diag with my help on the engine coolant temp sensor. We need to address the temp gauge before checking out the AC concern. Do you have access to a diagnostic tool to see if the PCM is getting the same coolant temp readings as the instrument cluster?

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris