GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

2007 Chevy Trailblazer LS 6/cyl. Auto Transmission Problem..

Customer Question

2007 Chevy Trailblazer LS 6/cyl. Auto Transmission Problem.. When cold Shifts prefect ALL Functions . The problem is after the vehicle is driven or idles 8 to 10 min. you hear a tone from under the dash board, Then the transmission stays stuck in 3rd. gear. WILL NOT up or down shift. In order to take-off I pull the selector into L and I can start in 2nd gear once moving shift the selector to D, and it will go into 3rd. But it WILL NOT shift into O/D which keeps me from driving any of the freeways, Get your ass RUN OVER in Dallas driving 50 and 55. Also when this occurs, If I stop and turn vehicle off for 8 or 15 min. will shift fine until warms up, Being August only a few min. The 4L60E Tran. I have replaced the 3 Shift Solenoids , Fresh Fluid and Filter, Ignition Module . None of which corrected problem.. One final note, Since I am retired don't drive every day or very far 8 to 12 miles, THIS PROBLEM has gone on OVER three plus months... I've had enough... PLEASE HELP Chris
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.

Is the check engine light illuminated on the dash?