BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

I have a 2007 chevy duramax 6.6l turbo diesel that the

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2007 chevy duramax 6.6l turbo diesel that the Reduce Engine power came on. This is the code that I have: MAP or BARO Pressure Signal Low (Symptom 00) how can I troubleshoot this?
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The code is P0107
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can anybody help me please.
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** you tell me how many miles are on the truck?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
90k
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the help. I really appreciate it
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for getting back with me. You want to start by making sure that all of the intake hoses are tight. If those are fine then most of the time the issue is in the MAP sensor itself. If the truck was driving fine and if the turbo does not appear to making any strange noises then replace the sensor. It is a common failure, much more common than a mechanical or wiring issue on this truck. Please let me know if you need more help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi thank you for answering my question, I just did a EGR cooler job to it. all of the intake hoses are tight and I also replaced the map sensor but didn't fix the issue. this is something that you may want to know: With the key on, I cleared the code but it came right back, meaning that the van doesn't have to be running to set the code. So I think it will be an electrical issue. The MAP sensor connector has 5-pins 5 wires, I would like to know what the reading should be in each wire so we can know if something is sending/receiving a signal. any suggestions?
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

Before we go into the readings of the wires, can you tell me how the terminals in the connector look?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You mean if they look good?
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

Yes. If the terminals look clean and tight.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they do.
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

One last question. New or old body style?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
New body style van.
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. The sensor is more than likely bad. You can test for reference voltage there first. You need to turn the key on and test for voltage at the orange/black wire. It should have right at 5 volts. If not then there may be a circuit issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there. I have my 5volts there. Do you know what the reading for all my five wires should be? The orange/black should have 5volts with the key one. What about the other four wires? That will help me to pinpoint the issue
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

The MAP sensor should only have 3 wires on it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This one has five. But anyway with the key on I compared the reading of the wires with another known good van and they have the same reading. So I replaced the sensor again but still have the same code. What would you recommend?
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me the colors of the wires on the sensor. I think you may be looking at the wrong sensor.