AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I have a 2005 Silverado. today it died and when I tried to

Customer Question

i have a 2005 Silverado. today it died and when I tried to start it you turn ignition on, dash lights up, turn key starter does nothing, prnd321 is lit but no gear indicator. checked every fuse for continuity and voltage. jump the starter relay and starter cranks over. in the process of pulling it to a safe place to leave it so I can go get a trailer I look at the prnd321 in the dash and the indicator lights up. turned the key and it started and I drove it home. when it was not working my tech 2 scanner would not communicate with the pcm. when it started working I had a dtc u0107 lost communication with throttle actuator control. and reduced engine power. cleared code and drove it home. im not sure where to start. ignition switch? TAC module?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

has the car acted up since ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thats what worries me , I can change parts but how do I know if I found the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When it was not working the check engine light was on. To my inderstanding the ecm has power if the ses light is on.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Would you be willing to speak on the phone? Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!