Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2005 6.6 Duramax 145,000 took it in idle and hard

Customer Question

I have a 2005 6.6 Duramax 145,000 took it in for rough idle and hard shift 40 to 50 mph no check engine light nothing odd about the exhaust and the engine runs fine except at idle.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1st mechanic did a balance test which showed all 8 out of spec and thought the hard shift was due to the fuel rail pressure / injectors
2nd mechanic said the first guy couldn't of done an accurate balance test until the reluctor and pressure regulator were fixed. And that he pulled the sensor and the reluctor wheel had some play in it. he seemed confident but wouldnt rule out the injector problem
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

You do need to address the engine before the transmission concerns. Has anyone done a fuel pressure test check desired versus actual at idle to see if there is an injector pump issue?

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris