sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 1992 corvette. the compressor will not engage. It

Customer Question

I have a 1992 corvette. the compressor will not engage. It also has climate control. I reclaced the bose system with an aftermarket and have been told that this could be the problem Any suggestions
Category: Chevy
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
There are many things that could be going on but the compressor not engaging is almost surely not related to an aftermarket radio being installed.
The control head controls the compressor clutch relay based on driver input after verifying pressure is ok using the pressure sensor and the clutch cycling switch. The problem could be the control head, compressor clutch, the relay, wiring, the pressure sensor or cycling switch, or it could be a charge issue. The most common cause of a compressor not engaging is low charge.
What parts have been replaced and were they new or used?