Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

I have a 2007 chevy 1500hd 6.0 with 300 horse power. i

Customer Question

i have a 2007 chevy 1500hd 6.0 with 300 horse power. i bought it because i pull a 28ft fifth wheel lite weight . it does not have enough power or fuel mileage 7 mpg when pulling my trailer. besides buying a computer chip can i replace my ecm with another that will give me better fuel mileage and power. from what i have read the 2500 6.0 350 hp will they interchange . thank you mike
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is***** have over 20 years experience repairing vehicles. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating please let me know.

There are numerous places you can get it performance tuned. It will help with the towing, but probably not with the mileage. You can do some calling to some RV places or Diesel tuners as the diesel tuners can also tune the gas engine. You can also purchase a program like HP tuners and do it yourself if you are PC savvy and mechanically inclined. Be aware that minor changes can make for severe damage if not done properly. The 6.0 in my opinion is a horrible choice for towing. The diesel is a much better option

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. A rating is required from you rating me. I am not an employee of this website. I do not have control over the fees, or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative, or not at all you still pay. I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.
I noticed that I have not received a rating from you. If for some reason you question did not get answered please reply. I am only compensated for my time when you leave a positive rating. Your understanding is appreciated.