Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

Filled the crank case with diesel, now it won't start.

Customer Question

Filled the crank case with diesel, now it won't start . Didn't hydraulic.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is***** have over 20 years experience repairing vehicles. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating please let me know.

How did you fill crankcase with diesel? Good thing it didn't start as this could cause a runaway diesel. Have you drained and filled with oil? Have you checked for codes?

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. A rating is required from you rating me. I am not an employee of this website. I do not have control over the fees, or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative, or not at all you still pay. I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

I would suspect the codes you have are for low oil pressure and I would imagine that the PCM has turned off the injectors. Some cranking or a code reset should help

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.
I noticed that I have not received a rating from you. If for some reason you question did not get answered please reply. I am only compensated for my time when you leave a positive rating. Your understanding is appreciated.