GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 2007 Avalanche, I have been away from home 4 months

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Avalanche, I have been away from home for about 4 months so the battery was down my neighbor was going to jump it with his jump box, but he initally put he connect to the wrong post he immediately took it off and I know it blew some fuses cause nothing will com on now, but I need to know which fuses it blew and where are they
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Michael Moore replied 1 year ago.

You need to start with the main fuse located on the fire wall. Follow the positive battery cable to the fire wall and you will see it go in to a small junction box where is branches off. Inside that small junction box is a large 125 amp fuse. This fuse is most likely the only one that is bad. You can use a volt meter or a test light to make sure there is power on both sides of the fuse. If there is no power on one side, the fuse is bad.