Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

2002 EXPRESS 3500 5.7 R WILL START OR SO THEN STALLS, NEW

Customer Question

2002 EXPRESS 3500 5.7 R WILL START FOR SECOND OR SO THEN STALLS, NEW CAM & CRANK SENSORS BUT HAVE SIGNAL AT CONNECTION, NEW DISTRIBUTOR CAP ROTOR ONLY CODE THAT COMES BACK IS CRANK SENSOR BUT 3RD NEW ONE BORG WARNER PART ALL 3
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Make sure the distributor was installed and aligned correctly as this will cause this fault here.If this is o.k. I have seen the cam shaft gear wear and cause incorrect timing at the distributor which can set a cam or crank fault code.If these are all o.k. let me know so we can continue.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Timing is correct and the gear looks to be ok it was driving then they went to start it later in the day and nothing
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Is the security light flashing on the dash at all after it starts and stalls out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO, I was wondering if there is a way to check the CPU to make sure it is not bad
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Can you post the fault code number that is setting with this issue here?