Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

My car loses voltage mainly when turning right it seems like

Customer Question

My car loses voltage mainly when turning right it seems like it gets stuck below 10 volts and I have to steer it to the left to get it to go back up sometimes that doesn't help and the battery drains to the point the car feels like it will shut off
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The problem you are describing sounds like you have either a failing alternator and or the wiring to it. I would start first with having the alternator tested, normal charging voltage should always remain right at 14 volts. If the alternator checks okay then have a close look at the wiring to it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What exactly would I be looking for in the wiring?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Any sings of chaffing and or grounding out.