Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  building and driving chevy's since i was in the womb!!!! camaro and corvette enthusiest, access to factory diagrams and tsb's
27644750

My 2008 Chevy Tahoe keeps flashing a low tire signal on the

Customer Question

My 2008 Chevy Tahoe keeps flashing a low tire signal on the instrument panel but after checking the tire pressure the tire is just fine. Now the same signal pops up alarming of another tire with the same signal. Does anyone have a quick fix for this reoccurring problem
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing more. From what you are saying , this leads me to believe the issue is with the tire sensors. They have internal NON replaceable batteries that only last about 8 years and by the age of your Tahoe it is right at that point. Most likely you will have to have all 4 tire sensors replaced. The sensors can be purchased at napa or the dealer at a decent price if the system is worth having to you. The dealer or a mechanic shop has a scan tool that can activate and test the current sensors to see if they display the remaining battery life or if they do not read at all. The sensors are part of the valve stem and are not easy to replace without a tire machine. Hope this information helps Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! ūüėČ Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.