Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2013 suburban LTZ strange noise on light acceleration,

Customer Question

2013 suburban LTZ strange noise on light acceleration, sounds like slight vacuum leak or low level hiss appears to be on driver side. While at any speed cruzing on light acceleration noise appears, accelerate harder no noise at all. Vehicle runs fine, no check engine light, shifting is normal engine runs smooth, just finished 700 mile trip vehicle ran great mpg the same as usual. Just annoying now but concerned. Vehicle has 29k miles
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Is the noise in the dash or under the hood?

Can you duplicate this in park?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sounds like it is the drivers side floor under dash area. Can't make it happen in park or accelerating while stopped in drive while stepping on brakes. Seems to happen between 1500 and 2000 rpms. Only seems to happen when cruising and accelerating lightly. Accelerate hard like passing no noise. I have driven with windows open to see if it sounded louder but that just made it harder to hear so It didn't seem to be louder. Also you don't hear it if in park and bringing the engine rpms up between 1000 and 2500 rpms. I have been under the vehicle , under the dash and in the engine compartment while engine running and I Couldn't hear anything. The only way the noise appears is like I stated durning cruising speed and you accelerate lightly, step on the gas to pass and no noise, accelerate slightly and there it is. Now that I an tuned into it, it is driving me nuts. It just sounds like a low level vacuum noise but I have looked in the area it seems to be coming from and I don't see anything that might cause that. Also no check engine light and I have had the vehicle checked with a scanner and no problems showed. I am hoping someone has had a similar problem and can steer me in some direction. I can't even pin point to when this started, just that now I am listening for it and seem to be locked in on it. Is there anything in that area of the vehicle that could make that kind of a air noise? I have checked the exhaust and the sensors in the Y pipe and didn't see anything to indicate any type of possible air leak.

Lets get the vehicle on a rack or stands and try to duplicate this in the air in drive, you may need to drag the brakes for a load. Figuring out how to do this not moving will make diagnosing easier. Can you make this occur in different gears and at many different speeds?

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris