Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

My transfer case snap off the tranny while I was driving

Customer Question

my transfer case snap off the tranny while I was driving
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.
If there was an imbalance in the transmission output shaft this is common to cause this fault or an imbalance in the transfer case itself.The other causes are a severely damaged rear drive line or worn/broken transfer case mount.I would check all the external reasons above to see if you locate an issue and if all is o.k. the transfer case may need inspected internally for any issues and if found o.k. most likely this is an issue within the transmission that caused this fault here that will need further inspection and repair.
Thanks Pete