GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 2005 CHEVY EQUINOX LS, I have some ac issues that

Customer Question

I have a 2005 CHEVY EQUINOX LS , I have some ac issues that were partly resolved by putting in a 40 amp bypass from the switch to the secondary BCM. AC RUNS GREAT WHILE DRIVING BUT PUTS OUT HOT AIR AT LOW SPEEDS OR WHILE STOPPING. Another issue is the transmission has started jerking while shifting from 1st to 2nd and back again at low speeds and as of yesterday started having problems with starting the vehicle. Had to have it jumped and now when I start it the clock needs to be reset..... I went to AutoZone, and had them put it on the scope and got NO error codes!! He suggested it might be the Neutral Safety Switch??
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

Hello, at idle and low speed are both cooling fans cutting on? I ask this because if the condesnor fan is not working the ac will not cool properly during idle and low speed.