Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

The starter relay is apparently not engaging. Yesterday I

Customer Question

The starter relay is apparently not engaging. Yesterday I was able to rock the steering wheel until it locked and then the truck started, this morning I tried that and it didn't work. I had the cover off of the "under hood" fuse box. I tried running it thru the gears, rocking the steering wheel, pushing the brake pedal, rocking the wheel, I heard a click from the engine compartment and the truck started. I guess my question is can I bypass that? How? I don't want to pay for "Take it to the dealership of garage"
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
This can be a fault with the electronic ignition switch itself not sending the correct voltage signal to engage the relay.I have seen this switch fail several times before on this model needing replaced.
Thanks Pete