Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, Master technician
Experience:  29 yrs. exp., ASE master, cert. in G.M. electrical, a/c, susspension, brakes, electronic steering
2947720

Just looking, I can not find the switch door ajar 1991

Customer Question

Just looking, I can not find the switch for the door ajar 1991 Corvette. it is totally missing fom the door. It is on the passenger side, and by pushing on it I can get some action on the interior lights. They stay on all the time with the missing door ajar switch from the drivers door. You can probably tell I bought the car used, Huh? Just looked up the part number in your previous question answer,but that part is no longer available. Is there a later version of the part for a 1991 Corvette?
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hope you can also provide me with a source for my 1991 Corvette parts. We have a good Corvette mechanic here, but he sometimes can not find the right parts for this model car.
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

**** PLEASE REMEMBER THAT A BAD RATING WILL NOT GIVE YOU AN AUTOMATIC REFUND ***** However there is a 100% satisfaction guarantee.

….

They are discontinued however, there are some that are available at swap meets and on Ebay. Here is a link that shows 3 of them for sale.

.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=10098478&_sacat=0

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.

.

Thanks and come again, anytime.

.

.

If for some reason you don’t wish to rate the answer please state in a post that you are happy with the answers and the service I have provided so that I can send it in as a no click rating and get paid for my time, thanks

Let me know if you would like any info on any good Corvette parts companies, thanks
Really?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your prompt response.
I will order 2 buttons one for the right and left door. It appears that the owner before me had trouble and removed the switch button on the drivers side, there is only a hole there so I will replace one,and install one in the passenger side. I see that I will have to remove the door panel to do this. I have never removed the door panel on any Corvette, so wish me good luck on this.
I will contact the other mechanic you referred me to now, but I did not know you charged $55.00 to get an answer. Now it costs me $55. + the $28. + $5. to get an answer on a door switch.
Also now I will have to order a shop manual to see how to work on the door.Thanks for your time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wan to thank you for the parts information. Please send me information on company's that supply parts for the 1991 Corvette.I sounded off earlier,but I was upset at an Email from Super Mechanic that said he would solve my problem for $55.00. That was deleted, now it is $14. I can afford that.For some reason my email is slow so I will try again. I tried to use the stars system to rate, but could not. I rated you high. I thought that I had a free week of questions, and start paying $28. This was my first question on day 2. I paid the full pop of $28. + $5. for the ability to use the program. I did not know there were additional charges, now I do.
Sorry for the miscommunication.
Let me know how to give you a good rating for your time, as I found the right switch and ordered 2.Thanks,
Tom