Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

I have a 2005 HD Diesel. The battery drains down every night

Customer Question

I have a 2005 HD Diesel. The battery drains down every night unless I unplug the batteries. I checked the fuse box under the hood and found three fuses pulling amps. they are as follows: VDC Radio 15A fuse pulling 12.45. TBC Battery 10A fuse pulling 10.52. PCM B 20A fuse pulling 12.13.
Can you point me in the right direction?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The readings above look like voltage readings from the fuses pulling voltage.You want to use a multi meter and connect it between the battery positive cable when it is disconnected from the battery then the other lead from the meter to the positive post on the battery.The allow the vehicle to sit for around 10 minutes and see what the complete amperage draw is.You want around 50 milliamp or less.
If higher then this then remove the fuses one at a time until you come to the fuse that is drawing the power,then the components on this fuse will need unplugged one at a time until the component is found drawing the power and that component repaired or replaced.
If you can do this test and let me know what fuse the complete draw is coming from I can look up and see what is on the fuses circuit and help further.
Thanks Pete