Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  building and driving chevy's since i was in the womb!!!! camaro and corvette enthusiest, access to factory diagrams and tsb's
27644750

The door locks on my 2008 Chevy Silverado have stopped

Customer Question

The door locks on my 2008 Chevy Silverado have stopped working. Only the front passenger side still works. Now the power windows are starting to fail. This truck is in good condition, has not been abused. Do I need to replace all the actuators or is there a central electronic issue?
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing more. This should be easy. Most times the master switch is the issue. What model do you have , 2 door , crew, or quad cab?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
quad cab
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

ok thanks

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

i have the schematics, i need to know, do the locks all function from the passenger front door lock switch? or is the front passenger door the only door that locks? i want to be clear. and if there are issues with the windows, do the individual switches work? just you cant open and close all windows from the drivers switch?

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

so far i think the issue is the drivers master switch , but it all does depend on the answers to my questions. Lou