Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  building and driving chevy's since i was in the womb!!!! camaro and corvette enthusiest, access to factory diagrams and tsb's
27644750

I unplugged my radio 20 seconds and put it back now it won't

Customer Question

I unplugged my radio for about 20 seconds and put it back now it won't start. Need to reset the anti theft system
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. The radio should not have read locked. If it is the factory installed radio and the only thing you did was unplug it then the radio will have to be relearned to the truck at a GM dealer with a Tech2 scan tool via SPS programming. That is the only way. The radio must have glitched when power was removed. This is not a common issue. But again the radio will have to be reprogrammed at a GM dealer before it will operate again and keep in mind there is a slight chance the radio will need replaced. Hope this information helps. If you have any questions let me know I am here to help. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! ūüėČ Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.