AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I have a 2005 Chev Impala 3.8 LS - pull up to red light and

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Chev Impala 3.8 LS - pull up to red light and set for a few minutes the car will flutter and shut off, but will star right back up with no problems. I can start the car and let it warms up it will flutter like it is going to shut off but it will pick back up and run and be ok and repeat the same. The car will idle high and go back to normal. I have replaced the TPS sensor and crack sensor. What is the problem??
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Have you checked the fuel pressure regulator? Remove the vacuum hose or line from the regulator and see if there is fuel in the line. If so, the diaphram inside the regulator has ruptured and the regulator will need to be replaced.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

Some other possible causes are a bad mass air flow sensor, bad/dirty throttle body or an air or a vacuum leak.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

I hope this helps! Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "excellent service" for assisting you today. Of course, please let me know if you have any further questions!

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
It's Amedee from just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?
Let me know!
Amede