Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

I have fluctuating oil pressure on my 2002 chevy trailblazer

Customer Question

Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The problem you are describing may be a failing oil pressure sensor but in order to be sure if that is the case you need to remove the sensor and install a mechanical gauge and monitor the actual oil pressure to be sure it holds steady. If after doing so and it checks okay then suspect a failing oil pressure sensor. If the engine is not making any noise when the pressure is fluctuating then that is very likely the case.