GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 2008 suburban I turn the key on and after ten

Customer Question

I have a 2008 suburban I turn the key on and after ten seconds dash lights come on but truck won't start. I tested the relays under the hood and no power going to them
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. The BCM is what controls the power actuation to the fuse boxes and relays. Is there a flashing security light on the dash when trying to start it ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No theres not.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Well here is what you will need to do. Turn on the key and test every single fuse for power in the engine bay fuse box first and compile a list of fuses that do not have power and let me know so I can see if there is a common denominator. That's where we should start. When you turn the key on the ignition switch tells the BCM the position of the switch and from there the BCM actuates power to the fuses in the engine fuse box and interior fuse box. So get me a list of any fuses that do not have power with a test light when the key is turned on to the run position.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok i can do that tomorrow morning
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Just let me know when you are ready.