Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

123k miles on my 2009 Chevy Malibu. 4 cylinder Eco-Tech

Customer Question

123k miles on my 2009 Chevy Malibu. 4 cylinder Eco-Tech engine. Has some jerking happening when I'm idle. Haven't noticed any while driving yet. But happens when I'm at stop lights and drive thru at restaurants particularly. What can be wrong?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.

Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.

I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.

If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need the help

SO far it sounds like its a misfire, but I would expect the same results while driving. Are you behind on a tune up, can you monitor the fuel pressure, what is the idle speed when occurring and does increasing the idle speed with the throttle help?

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thanks. I've actually had the car for a month. I got it from a sketchy lot. Needed it badly. Anyway, I'll take it to get a tune up. Then I'll see what happens. Almost forgot, it does slightly jerk at times while I'm driving. The faster I drive, the
smoother it runs.

Thanks, ***** ***** touch if needed, before or after you rate my response.