Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I am having trouble with my TPMS sensors on my 08 Chevy HHR.

Customer Question

Hello Scott,
I am having trouble with my TPMS sensors on my 08 Chevy HHR. I roated my tires,and I tried to do the relearn procedure. I couldn't make it work this time. No issues in the past at all.
I could only get the driver's front to relearn. Then I got a reading of 70 on the passenger front. I tried several times before disconnecting the battery to see if that would work. After I reconnected I lost the passenger front completely. It would not come back on even after a few days of driving so I ordered sensors.
I got the Service TPMS warning after a few miles of driving,but I had readings on all 3.
I had the new sensor put in,but the shop could not make it relearn. Still got a Service TPMS warning. They told me that there was a low battery alarm in the system from the keyless remote. They suggested getting a new battery,and disconnecting the battery and trying the relearn again. It didn't work.
I disconnected the battery again,and this time I took the positive and negat
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.

Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.

I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.

If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.

Thanks Chris

Since the dealer was not able to perform the relearn process, this is lloking like a failure of the BCM.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris