Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

07 chevy Silverado hd starts up runs 5 seconds then dies?

Customer Question

07 chevy Silverado hd starts up runs for about 5 seconds then dies? banks programmer threw a ecm code?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

what is the code you are getting
?

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
P2510

ok,,please stand by

are you there?

i lost internet connection

have you had any other problems with the battery voltage?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No but batteries are low. Doesn't turn over now. But I wondering if the night before when I ran my generator on my camp trailer it back feed and took out ecm. I usually disconnect trailer plug before doing so but forgot this time.

how and when did this problem begin?was it after using the generator

?

right after?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
after but it wasn't until the morning when I went to start my truck. I ran for 5 seconds then died. Started multiple times and it did the samething. Then I noticed gas gauge reading empty and I jnow it has 3/4 tank along with all the fuel related displays showing dashes no numbers

does the security light stay on with the ignition on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't know. Your talking security light on the dash? I will have to drive to the truck and see. I am about 10 miles from it and internet is horrible were it is at. What else should I check when I am there?

yes,,the ecurity light on the dash,,does it stay on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Driving out to truck right now

ok

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Security light goes out with key turned on then about 15 secinds later it comes back on

ok..

im going to opt out,,i really dont know if your generator would have maybe got the ecm..one of the other guys will be right with you

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I paid for an answer or solution that I never got. Not even a might be this or that? I know you opted out but no one else has contacted me? How do I get a refund?
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is***** have over 20 years experience repairing vehicles. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resoloution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating please let me know.

Lets start with a theft learn. I suspect you may have blown a fuse for the PCM power. do you have a test light?

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

here is theft learn procedure

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is going to be a couple hours before I can attempt this procedure.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Can you also check for a bown fuse in under hood fuse box? Probably ECM-B

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

OK. Let me know results

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I verified that the fuse it good. Completed key relearn procedure started truck with same results. Started, ran for 5 seconds and died. Security light stays on does not go out at all.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also verified all fuses related to ecm are good. Gas gauge still shows empty and I know there is 3/4 of a tank. All displays related to fuel mileage, oil filter, fuel filter register dash marks not numerical values.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

It is a very good possibility that the PCM has failed. It will need to be programmed if it is changed. I would check all powers and grounds at the PCM before changing it

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. A rating is required from you rating me. I am not an employee of this website. I do not have control over the fees, or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative, or not at all you still pay. I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.