Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

2003 Suburban wipers only work when ignition switch is

Customer Question

2003 Suburban wipers only work when ignition switch is turned on, when engine is started, wipers stop
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
This can be a fault with the electronic ignition switch in some cases if it is disengaging this circuit to control the wipers and possibly other electronics when the key is released from the start to the on position.
I would have this tested to see if this is the cause here for sure and replaced if found to be at fault.I have also seen the wiper motor itself act up like this in some cases needing replaced.
Thanks Pete