Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

I have a cherry 95 silverado reg. cab pick up, my wife had

Customer Question

I have a cherry 95 silverado reg. cab pick up, my wife had to pick up two of our grand-
daughters from Westerairs practice with my P.U. and had to raise center arm rest, now
I can not get it tpo fold back down!!!
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The linkage for it most likely jammed up or some debris has fell into the linkage causing this fault here.In some cases you have to disassemble the seat or console to locate and repair the fault.In other cases I have had luck hitting it in the down or up position to get it to free up and release or blowing compressed air around the hinge/pivot area to try and free up and remove debris.
Thanks Pete