GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 1991 camaro the car vats was bypassed and my step

Customer Question

I have a 1991 camaro the car vats was bypassed and my step son tried bypassing the vats with speaker cord wire. There were a lot of exposed wires in the bundle of wires on the driver side. I bought liquid tape and covered the exposed wires. But the big deal is my step son taking that speaker wire and hard wired it to the Throttlebody fuel injector. All that has been removed and had the key with the chip in it. I noticed a bypass wire is in the vats relay wire the engine will crank. But if that wire is removed the engine will do nothing?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing more. It sounds like you have quite the project on your hands. Are you trying to put everything back to stock ? Or what are you needing help with exactly ? I understand what has been done but I want to know what your expectations are. Lou
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would love to start the camaro and cruise around town. What needs to be done to fix this camaro?
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. So let's start from the top. Without the bypass wire or anything additional wired in. When you turn the key on does the theft light flash at you ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The infl rest is flashing and the security light stays on and the engine will crank with the bypass in.With the bypass out the engine will not crank the infl reset is on and the security light is on the temperature gauge will go to the high side and bottoms out.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I will have to opt out and hopefully another expert can assist. I thought the issue was going a different route. I will not be the right expert to assist. My apologies. Another expert will be long soon. Lou