Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

2002 Suburban c1500. 5.3 non-flex fuel. Sometimes will crank

Customer Question

2002 Suburban c1500. 5.3 non-flex fuel. Sometimes will crank but not start. It's not getting fuel. Replaced fuel pump and filter. Worked fine for a week (35-40 starts) Wouldn't start one morning. I tried various starting sequences (removing key, neutral, long cranks, etc). Still wouldn't start. 2 hours later it started. 20 more successful starts it did it again. I checked all fuses and relays and it started. Next day no start. Replaced fuel pump relay and still did not work. 6 hours later it started. 5-6 starts it stopped again. It appears the fuel pump is not getting signal all the time
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

how much fuel pressure does it have while turning the starter when it wont run?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Zero

ok

i would think that new fuel pump is bad,,it is somewhat common to get a bad new fuel pump for these engines,,i would think you have a warrenty on that one,

thanks

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.