Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  building and driving chevy's since i was in the womb!!!! camaro and corvette enthusiest, access to factory diagrams and tsb's
27644750

2007 tahoe ltz. while driving over 25 miles had five

Customer Question

2007 tahoe ltz. while driving over 25 miles had five instances in 104-5 degree weather, where engine stated to die at 65 mph. pull over put in nuetral engine sputters pops then clears out and idles fine. Wait a minute and drive off. each 5 to 10 miles it does the same again.
Dealer can not find any codes even drove in hot weather. no issues
other thing it showed stabizae code and needs stable service. in screen. codes do not show this. The screen cleared once car put in nuetal and idle came back.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing more. Driving over 25 miles per hour? Or miles as in distance ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in a 25 mile distance at 65 miles per hour. Happened five times during this part of drive
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you still there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have an answer??? not getting anything here.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry not sure why your replies did not show up right away.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
You have the ltz, what engine do you have
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Even though dealer found no codes , were any parts replaced ? This is unusual issue so this may take some looming into I will do my best to assist.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
5.3 125,ooo miles. Only engine fuel issues I have had in that time is I have replaced the fuel pump filter about 6-9 months ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry Flex fuel engine.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Did this only happen on one trip or has it Happened multiple times ? I will check back in the am and see what I can hl with.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
only burn regular fuel with 10% ethanol
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
first time it has happened. My aol will go off before then. So will have to email me to restart this process
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
No problem , this chat will remain open until you close it. And you should recieve emails when I reply as I also do wen you reply. Have a good night. I appreciate the info. The more the merrier.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Ok from everything I can find and also your scenario. I can suggest that the issue is with either the throttle body or the throttle body wiring. I'm just shocked that there were no codes as when the service stability light comes on then a code is always stored. So that baffles me. The throttle valve is electronic and is also part of the stability system so the fact you had a running issue and a service message tells me the issue lies in the throttle body. The most common things we see at the shops are failed throttle body internal electronics or the connector to the throttle body. The gad pedals are also a issue but they would not cause a running fault. Now the other possibility is some bad fuel went through the system and you will never have this issue again. And once the key was cycled the engine ran fine so there were no chances for it to store a code. Those are the only two scenarios I can see happening. So if this happens again I would drop off at the dealer and tell them to keep driving with the scan tool attached to catch the issue in the act. OR if the issue happens when you drive it do not turn the key off of it will stay running and bring it to the dealer asap to have them see the live data. Hope this information helps Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! ūüėČ