Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Howdy, I'm having trouble with my 2008 silverado pickup. I t

Customer Question

Howdy, I'm having trouble with my 2008 silverado pickup. I hit 18" of water at 70 mph few months ago and it killed my truck. After pulling the fuel tank and cheking the fuel pump I found the connection to the FPCM had come loose and hooked it back up. After that it would run for 30 min then die getting a reduced engine power on the dash. I would have to wait an hour before it would start again. I purchased a code reader and cleared everything now I have code P1682 and it will crank but wont start anymore. I have tools and multi meter, I just don't know what to test or check next
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The code you have set here if for a fault with the Ignition switch circuit 2.Heres a description of the fault.
There are 2 ignition 1 voltage circuits supplied to the engine control module (ECM). The first ignition circuit is provided by the power train relay, through a fuse. This ignition 1 voltage circuit supplies power to all the internal ECM circuits associated with the throttle actuator control (TAC) operation. The second ignition 1 voltage circuit is supplied by the run/crank relay through a fuse, and is used to power the remaining internal ECM circuits. If the ECM detects a voltage difference between the 2 ignition 1 voltage circuits, DTC P1682 will set.
There is a diagnostic test procedure for this code to pinpoint the fault but the most common causes or a wet or corroded or damaged under hood fuse panel or broken wiring in the panel or blown ignition fuse.This can also lead to the engine computer at fault.
If you want me to post the test procedure for this code let me know and I will see what I can locate on this.
Thanks Pete